In May of 2008, I saw an on-line biography about a female Golden Retriever that had been given up by her family and needed a furever home. It was love at first sight. After meeting her in person, it was very obvious that this was a special dog whose lifeforce was off the charts. Supremely confident with amazing self-esteem, she commanded any room she entered. Yet she was gentle and possessed that female Golden "Love me, Love me" persona. Almost three years later, she continued to seduce humans and K9s until the very end. Lady left for the Bridge on March 1st 2011. This is my feeble attempt to illustrate just how special Lady was - Her humble subject, The KT

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A year ago today.....

.... Lady left for the Rainbow Bridge; her assignment - show all the new stars in the sky how to take the place by storm! Our friend Mully left the same day; a shy, sweet Golden girl; we always imagined that Lady took Mully under her wing and showed her the ropes. Lady was a huge part of our life for 3 years. The first senior Golden we ever adopted. She is a tough act to follow, but her job was to lay the foundation for other senior Goldens in need.

I miss her and think of her every day, seeing her perfect portrait in my office and remembering how we fed her hot dog slices to keep her interest during the photo shoot. After the session, we all retired upstairs for lunch and beers, plus a game of "where is Lady's fuzzy bone". A couple hours later, Lady's staff photographer Michael and I went down to the garage to break down our make shift studio (with Lady on our heels of course). As we folded up lights, packed away camera equipment and chatted, we hadn't noticed that Lady assumed her "pose" position on the blanket, all the while thinking "well, here I am, where is my hot dog?". I guess you had to be there, it was pretty funny.

Monday, Easton and I are going up to Sedona to visit Bell Rock. 
It just seems like the right thing to do. A time to reflect and honor my girl Lady.
Easton will know exactly why we are there!
Did I mention that Lady and Easton would have made a GREAT couple?
Oh yea, only a million times....BOL



Lady, within 4 hours of arriving at her new home, May 27th, 2008


4 comments:

  1. Has it been a year? I'm feeling that familiar lump in my throat and my nose feels that sting of tears that are close to the surface as I think and remember your beautiful girl, Lady. She was a real gem, and has a special place in my our heart. Thanks KT, for sharing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the phone - and where we were when you shared it was time -

    We had just picked up a case of beer -

    I think we toasted to all of you -

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a touching tribute, KT. Lady would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady was truly an inspiration to you and continues to be as seen through your many rescues that came after her. Her light will shine forever.

    ReplyDelete