In May of 2008, I saw an on-line biography about a female Golden Retriever that had been given up by her family and needed a furever home. It was love at first sight. After meeting her in person, it was very obvious that this was a special dog whose lifeforce was off the charts. Supremely confident with amazing self-esteem, she commanded any room she entered. Yet she was gentle and possessed that female Golden "Love me, Love me" persona. Almost three years later, she continued to seduce humans and K9s until the very end. Lady left for the Bridge on March 1st 2011. This is my feeble attempt to illustrate just how special Lady was - Her humble subject, The KT

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Six Months

I don't dwell on it, but it amazes me that it's only been six months since Lady's Lifeforce faded away on that sunny afternoon. I see her picture every day and celebrate in my mind the wonderful times we had, always amazed at how easily we fit together from the day she jumped eagerly into the back of the MDX. Three years went by so fast, but was so fulfilling. As much as I miss her, I never felt cheated by our short time together. It took Lady about three months before she regularly wagged her tail. I don't think she was unhappy, just wary of her circumstance, not wanting to give up everything all at once. Of course, at the time, I had no idea how much Lifeforce she had, ready to explode like a South Pacific volcano. Then again, maybe she didn't either. I am truly blessed that she shared that with me. Andi said from the beginning, "Lady is an old soul". Some day, she'll be back!




3 comments:

  1. KT, yesterday when I was scrolling through my blogs to get caught up, I stopped by here and read your previous post again and thought about Lady. Then here's a post from you about her--Another confirmation that there really is a 'life force' and we are all connected to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! We are sure that she'll be back. Lots of Golden LOVE n Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete