In May of 2008, I saw an on-line biography about a female Golden Retriever that had been given up by her family and needed a furever home. It was love at first sight. After meeting her in person, it was very obvious that this was a special dog whose lifeforce was off the charts. Supremely confident with amazing self-esteem, she commanded any room she entered. Yet she was gentle and possessed that female Golden "Love me, Love me" persona. Almost three years later, she continued to seduce humans and K9s until the very end. Lady left for the Bridge on March 1st 2011. This is my feeble attempt to illustrate just how special Lady was - Her humble subject, The KT

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day 2011 - Lady, A Teacher and a Toughguy

It's been two months to the day. Lady is still sending signs from the bridge, encrypted to appeal to only a few of us. I am not the only one who sees them (which I find very strange). Of course I miss her and think of her every day as I see her pictures, play ball with Easton and smile at the thought of how unique she was and how different Lady and Easton are as Goldens. To my family and friends: thanks for taking the time to tell me about your "Lady sightings". Her LifeForce lingers long after her physical presence has left us. I normally don't believe or even think about those kind of things, but this is just too strong; even for skeptical ME.


Early this year a wonderful book was released, telling the story of two very special people who are the parents of a good friend of ours. When Glenn (the author) needed a publicity picture, he chose a shot taken by our personal photographer and huge Lady fan, Michael O'Dell. Lady now shares Glenn's spotlight on a couple of websites where his book is offered for sale.



Lady and Mr. Fuzzy Bone - Always her companion in Phoenix

Who ME? - oh sure, I'll pose anytime

3 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me that our pups that leave us, really are not that far away and I think we just need to be open to those possibilities to see them...

    I'm going now to check those links--How very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Lady loves that you're sharing her with everyone. :)

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete